BLT sandwich with TEMPEH BACON
- 300g tempeh
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- 1 tablespoon of maple syrup
- 2 teaspoons of soy sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon liquid smoke
- 1 tablespoon water
- salt & pepper to taste
- 1/8th teaspoon of cayenne (optional)
- 1/8th teaspoon of smoked paprika (optional)
1. mix all the marinade ingredients (except tempeh) and whisk to combine.
2. cut your tempeh into long thin slices (about 5mm should do it). arrange them on a big plate & cover with marinade. let rest for 5 minutes.
3. coat a frying pan with olive oil and fry the marinated tempeh. if you have left over marinade pour into the frying pan. fry until nicely glazed.
4. to make BLT arrange tempeh, vegan mayo, lettuce greens, tomato (avocado maybe??) onto your favourite sandwich bread. yum yum!