super easy & crazy tasty kalamata olive & rosemary focaccia made for my housemate’s birthday party using this recipe! (note: used plain bread flour instead of regular plain flour)
vegan french toast (by blackmountain)
SWEET VEGAN (BANANA) FRENCH TOAST WITH RASPBERRIES & MAPLE SYRUP.
to make this you’ll need:
- one long baguette, preferably on the stale side! sliced diagonally.
- 1 ripe/over-ripe banana
- 1 cup of non-dairy milk
- 1/3 cup plain flour
- a teaspoon of cinnamon
- optional: a splash of vanilla paste (or vanilla essence)
- optional: a tablespoon of maple syrup
- oil for frying, i used canola
1. mash the banana! add the milk, flour, cinnamon & vanilla paste and whisk thoroughly into a smooth batter (some lumps are ok though!!).
2. pour batter into a small baking dish & place baguette slices cut side down to soak up. approx. 1 minute each side.
3. oil a large fry pan & fry your soaked baguette slices on low heat. turn up to low-medium after a few minutes. when nicely browned, flip & repeat! serve with maple syrup & your choice of fruit, preserves or condiments!!
wooden molds hand carved by my uncle arty + the resulting gingerbread. he said he used an old monk’s recipe from the 1600’s. eaten at x-mas. totally delicious.